sexta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2017

Marit Weisenberg interview

HI GUYS!

Today I bring you an interview with the lovely...


Marit Weisenberg!!
Marit is a author living in Austin TX. Her debut YA novel SELECT comes out October 3rd from Charlesbridge Teen.

I read Select and I loved it! You can read my review here



Lets get started!!


1.Hot or cold?
Hot

2. Movies or series?
Series! Used to be movies.

3. Cooking or eating?
Eating. Used to be cooking!

4.  Paperback or hardback?
Hardback
5. Writing or reading? 
Reading

6. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
I wish I were the author of Nicole Krauss’s The History of Love. The plotting, characters, setting – it’s operating on all cylinders and just tore my heart out.

7. When did you start reading? 
I think I was a late bloomer! Age 6, first grade. My parents got a call from my teacher that they had to work with me at home! I became a serious reader in about third grade when I discovered Judy Blume books!

8. When did you started writing? 
I always knew I wanted to be an author but I skirted around it for a long time. My friend, Sophy, and I used to work on a romance novel we’d pass back and forth between us in high school Latin class! Before moving to Austin, Texas, I worked in Los Angeles at different film and television production companies where I looked for projects and developed them with writers. So I surrounded myself with writers and stories for years! I started and stopped at least two novels until I finally realized I needed to get serious or it was never going to happen.

9.Where do the your ideas come from?
The ideas for the last two books came from one scene I saw in my head and building out from there. For Select, I saw the scene at Barton Springs and people using their phones to take photos of this large group of beautiful, almost identical looking teenagers. Also other books and TV are useful for sparking something you want to explore. I heard one author I admire say she likes to think that books are in conversation with other books.


10. Do you write every day, 5 days a week or as and when?
I write five days a week. When I have a deadline I write seven but as my friend said, I start to get a wild look in my eye! I wake up at 5am. That was the hardest habit to start but that is my best writing time of the day. That was always when I’d get up to write a paper or study for a test rather than staying up late at night.


11.What is your favorite theme or element in writing?
I love characters. I love thinking about them and their traits and things that annoy them or hurt them, what they would wear, etc. That’s definitely my favorite part. I read an interview with Elizabeth Strout where she talked about her novel, Olive Kitteridge, and she said she was emptying the dishwasher and the character of Olive just began talking to her. That’s my dream come true.

12. What was the hardest thing to you to write? 
Plotting and structure are hardest for me. There’s a moment when it all becomes kind of mathematical and my brain resists that! Hopefully it’s one of those things that gets easier with practice.

13. Do you have a trailer or do you intend to create one for your own book/s?
No trailer!


14. Do you have something to say to your readers? What?
To trust your gut. The book is about how, if you internalize what other people say about you and how they define you, you are dead in the water. You've got to trust yourself and your instincts even when everything—your family, circumstances—are telling you all about your limitations.


Thank you so much for this opportunity, Marit!!! 
I can't wait to read the sequel!
You can find her on goodreads , instagram  and  facebook.   

Did you liked this interview? Do you want more?
 


2 comentários:

  1. O género não é muito a minha onda, mas parece ser interesse a obra ''Select'' ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Não conheço a autora. Gostei da entrevista, é sempre bom descobrir novos autores e como eles se relacionam com a escrita.

    ResponderEliminar