domingo, 2 de julho de 2017

Amy Fellner Dominy - Interview



Hi guys!
Today I bring you the interview with the lovely Amy Fellner Dominy!



Amy Fellner Dominy is an advertising copywriter turned playwright turned novelist. She writes books for teens and tweens.
This author has, so far, published 5 books, including:

Amy's first picture book, COOKIESAURUS REX, co-written by Nate Evans, is coming from Disney this September.
Amy was born in Redwood City, California. but know lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her hubby and two children who come home for school breaks and free meals.  

Now, let's go to the questions and answers!


1. Dogs or Cats?
Cats

2. Sweet or Spicy? 
Spicy

3. Comedy or horror? 
Comedy

4. Writing or reading? 
Reading

5. Dark or light colors?
Dark

6. When did you start reading?
I don’t remember ever not reading, but I wasn’t a genius baby so I suppose around kindergarten.

7. What was the last book that made you cry? 
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

8. When did you started writing? 
I have short stories and poems from when I was around 8 years old. I submitted my first story for publication when I was thirteen. (It was rejected.) ☺

9.What did you do with your first advance? 
I put it toward a trip to BEA in New York City. I went with a group of other debut authors from the Class of 2K11. It turned out to be an amazing trip and worth every penny!

10. What is the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex? 
Finding the voice. I’m not sure that I ever really think like a guy, but I read everything out loud so that hopefully I sound like one.

11. What was the hardest thing to you to write? 
In Die for You, it was really hard to write the end. I tend to put myself in the mind of my main character and she went through so much, that I was writing the last scene full of so many emotions. I think I did about four versions until I got enough distance to find my way through.

12. Does writing energize or exhaust you?
New ideas energize me, but the actual day to day of writing exhausts me.

13.What is the most difficult part of your artistic process? 
I don’t like to know how a story is going to end when I begin writing. That means I have a general direction of where I’m going, but not a clear map. And that means I’m prone to getting lost. A lot, sometimes. I’ve tried it the other way—tried to outline every scene first, but it just doesn’t work for me.

14. Do you have something to say to your readers? What?
Thank you! The absolutely best part of being a writer is when a reader writes me or leaves me a review to say that something I wrote made a difference to them. 

If you want to know more about this author go to : www.amydominy.com

With love,
Banal Girl

1 comentário:

  1. Mais uma interessante entrevista. O último livro que me fez chorar também foi o da Jojo Moyes.

    ResponderEliminar